Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Identify this mystery object

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON (Image ID: 7323)


OK, so it's not the most common viewpoint. That's because I stood with my back to the object, bent over as far as I could, and shot it upwards to get the most unconventional angle. Yes, I must have looked like the Hunchback of Notre Dame in reverse!

But can you guess what I've shot? Feel free to post your guesses as comments - and yes, you can guess as many times as you want. I'll reveal the answer in 24 hours, but if you just cannot wait that long, you can check the high-resolution image here on my Red Bubble site to see what the answer is.

11 comments:

CiCi said...

Since the previous post was about a lighthouse, I thought this was a lighthouse. Maybe it is not tall enough to be a lighthouse though.

Maggie May said...

Its an industrial chimney or a lighthouse...... looking up!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Eleonora Baldwin said...

A granary? Here they're called silos, but I know in English that has a whole different meaning!

Cheers and hugs from Roma,
Lola xx

aims said...

I'm saying a grain silo as well David.

Katney said...

Looks like a silo. Or perhaps the lighthouse from the previous rhyme.

And sometimes it is easier to lie down next to it to get this view. Ask me how I know.

Of course, then you have to get up again, which might be just as awkward.

Rune Eide said...

It is large structure made of riveted steel plates. Since there has been many suggestions for a lighthouse, I have to come up with something else. How about a large steel smokestack?

Brian Miller said...

its a grain silo....

Eddie Bluelights said...

Might be a cooling tower, David

Leslie: said...

a water tower?

mrsnesbitt said...

Hey David you are back? Since when? Good to see you here!

Willow said...

I think it's a lighthouse too.