Monday, November 29, 2010

Dune not disturb

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON (Image ID: 122-3368)


I love a decent abstract as much as the next photographer, so I found this simple sight really arresting. Why? Simply because of the strong shapes and the bold colours - and I guess the unusual view as well.

This was a temporary outdoor stall at Melbourne's Docklands precinct, shot on a very warm summer's day on 10 January this year. The central pole swept the canvas upwards sharply, which was perfect for the way I "saw" the image, contrasting that bright yellow against the strong shadow and the flawless blue Australian sky.

7 comments:

CiCi said...

That is indeed a flawless blue sky. The photo looks like an abstract painting. Great colors.

Saz said...

pure colour, love it David!

xx

Maggie May said...

It does look like a sand dune!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Unknown said...

That is brilliant in every way. The colors are amazing.

Gina

San said...

That is just gorgeous! Your eye dazzles me, David.

Moannie said...

At first I thought, sand dunes. Mark Rothko eat your heart out.

Unknown said...

For a second there, I found myself back in Egypt among the sand dunes enroute to Sharm El Sheikh.